No: A story of mama’s cancer.
Nuh-Uh!: A story of mama’s cancer seen through my eyes.
Nah….we’re gonna kill that lame title.
It’s a story about God. It’s about the Almighty Creator – the Father – the Redeemer- the Savior – the Comforter. The Shepherd. The Alpha and The Omega. The Great I Am.
It’s a story. Just one of His stories.
An amazing, miraculous, enlightening, saving, eye-opening, wonderful, and awesome story.
There’s a pond…or a lake of some kind in this story – There’s a glacier too. My mama is there and so is a little girl she called “Christy”. There is a song called Silver Wings in this story, and a lot of other saved souls who went before us to be with Jesus there.
There’s a magnificent woman of God, her three children, her sisters, brothers, parents, caretakers, pastors, friends, co-workers and all her family in this story. There are angels, doctors, visions and medications, laughter and tears, chocolate and morphine. There are alarm clocks, funerals, phone calls, songs, decisions, notes, letters, popcorn and movies in this story. There are lots and lots of things in this story, friends.
And then……….there is Jesus…..there is God. There is the Father, the Holy Spirit in this story.
There is God – God is in this story.
God is this story.
It’s His story, after all…just one of them.
And it’s a true story………….
- It’s a story of redemption – a story of pain…
- A story of triumph, and a story of gain.
- It’s a story of grief – a story of loss….
- A story of love, regardless of cost.
- A story of vision – seeing God through new eyes…
- A story of heartache, saying goodbyes.
- It’s a story of beauty, of joy and of grace.
- A story of my mama, who saw Jesus’ face.
- A story she told us, it wasn’t just hers –
- Much that she shared, were not just mere words.
- A story of death and a story of life –
- Of true hope renewed, through turmoil and strife.
- It’s the story of heaven, of gates open wide –
- Of His hand reaching out, to take her inside.
- Yes, this story she shared, bits of it we heard –
- Now this story I share, please pray for the words.
- Pray for the listening –
- Pray for the heart.
- Pray for my small, human heart to just listen.
Friends, I have a wonderful story that the Lord has impressed upon me to share with you. It is a true story – the story of my mama going home to live with her Savior forever and ever. It’s also the story of things God revealed to me in my own life as I watched it all happen, and really, ever since. I shall share with you, this story, in segments, because it is a lot to take in and I honestly believe I need to put it down it in the way that the Lord tells me to, as He tells me to do so.
You know, God is just so very amazing – I truly am awestruck by Him anew each and every day. My mama passed from this earth three years ago, and what we saw through her entire journey as she battled cancer, and especially through the “end” was truly just the beginning. This I know.
I ask for you to pray for me as I attempt to put into words what I saw – His story He told me through my mama.
Let’s name this story after Him….using the very words that He gave to her…..the ones He told her to tell us………..
He said, “Come All” –
Jesus says, “Come All.”
Because we’re all invited.
Are you ready??????????????????
We have a glacier to climb.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
* To Be Continued by the grace and leading of the Lord – in His timing – in His wisdom – in His grace. Love, Annie B.
Copyright © 2013 – AnnieB – Feel free to share this with anyone you wish! The copyright is solely on these particular writings as they may eventually be compiled into a book for publishing.