Look at history. Look all the way back to the beginning of it all.
Take a hard look, friends. Doing so will simplify matters when it comes to the root cause of all that is going on right now.
If you want to see the core, basic reason all of these terrible things are happening, looking back does boil it down for us – a lot.
- The matter itself – all the violence in our society – all the heartbreak and tragedy – not simple.
- The layers of intricate webbing around everything – making discernment beyond difficult, making what course of corrective actions to take near impossible – hiding the truth and illuminating all the lies – they are THICK. Not simple.
- The barriers we have built around our hearts and minds – they are formidable. Not simple.
But the core truth of what ails us has always been the same. It just manifests itself differently throughout history and all time.
It comes from the heart.
It comes from the fallen nature of man. It comes from the enemy of Christ. And the true enemy is an ever-changing chameleon-like-wizard who is pulling our little strings as he chuckles and laughs in the most evil way imaginable all the while.
- The enemy’s tactics? Not simple.
- Recognizing the enemy in the middle of all the distractions and obstacles he places in our way? Not simple.
- Remembering who the true enemy is instead of turning on one another and abandoning God? Not always simple.
So we are just to turn our eyes upon Jesus in the midst of it all – right? Yes! So easy, yet so complicated at the same time, it seems.
Friends. God does not abandon us. We abandon God.
I have yet to hear anyone in our world or society really talk about the REAL root cause of all this escalation of violence and hatred. I hear lots of other things, most of which are true contributing factors.
But we keep leaving the most important thing out: JESUS.
- It’s about failure of leadership and corruption from the top down in the government ~ True.
- It’s about the subtle, yet consistent dividing rhetoric we hear from aforementioned leadership and the way it has now permeated all of society ~ True.
- It’s about the roots in slavery and white supremacy or corruption within our police departments ~ True.
- It’s about people living under the victimization mentality and the “let’s blame everyone else instead of changing our hearts” mindset. True.
- It’s about the self-driven, give-me-what-I-want-right-now, and hypocritical and finger pointing attitudes ~ True.
I could go on and on and on when it comes to the list of all the true things that are happening right now that we all think contributes to all this CRAP.
But they aren’t the heart of the matter. To say that any one of those or a combination of them is, is NOT TRUE. And if we ignore that piece, we will not see things truly change. They will only get worse.
Again – that piece is that we have removed Jesus. And we need to place the ownership squarely where it should be – on us.
God does not abandon us. We abandon God.
We like to say we haven’t, but as a society here in the United States and in much of the rest of the world, the reality is that we have.
- We may talk about Him.
- We may SAY we are Christians. And some of us may be.
- But we don’t, for the most part, consider Him the center of it all. We may call upon Him as our Savior, but have failed to make Him our LORD. We have become our own god.
How’s that going for us, I ask you?
The simple truth really is just that, dear friends. We have taken over and are now placing our little butts smack in the middle of the driver’s seat. And there are too many of us drunk driving out there right now.
That is a recipe for deadly disaster. Utterly deadly.
Our problems run deep in America – true.
But if we could come back to this one simple truth about our need for Jesus, and live it, we would actually have a chance to co-exist on this earth a while longer and reach out more to others who don’t know Him as their Lord and Savior yet.
God does not abandon us. We abandon God.
We have totally lost sight of who the true enemy is. We are turning against one another and Satan is laughing harder than he maybe ever really has. He is playing with us like little puppets and having a great time doing it. The strings have become all intertwined and knotted up and the puppets are in disarray. It’s getting darker and uglier and more damage is being done on an escalated and daily basis. The puppet show is about to come to an end.
God will allow us to go our own way and take Him out of everything if that is what we choose. He will not force us. But nowhere in the Bible does it say that Satan operates the same way.
What God does: Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20
What the ugly enemy does: Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
Today, I pray that we would come back to the simple truth of Jesus. That is simply that if we truly turn to Him, He is faithful.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
There are those who won’t bring God back into the center of their lives or even invite Him in at all ~ and Jesus tells us clearly to expect that, friends. He warns us to be watchful and take heart that He is still with those of us who truly follow after Him with all our hearts.
The disciples were concerned as to how we would know when He would be returning – He tells us clearly in Matthew 24…
And it isn’t pretty.
He calls it like it is and tells us the “sorrows” we shall see before He returns are akin to birth pains – contractions that move closer and closer together.
And those hurt.
- “And then many shall be offended and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.” Matthew 24:10
- “Because of the increase in wickedness, the love of many will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.” Matthew 24: 12-13
- “Watch out that no one deceives you; for many will come in my name claiming ‘I am the Messiah’ and will deceive many.” Matthew 24:4-5
But in spite of knowing this truth, friends – we can’t give up. Our hope is in Jesus Christ and He has work for us to do while we still remain here until His return.
We that follow after Jesus Christ with all that we have – We that have made Him and only Him our One Lord and the center of our lives – We have a responsibility and a privilege, really, to shine His light in the midst of this darkness.
- The light may seem dim.
- It may seem insignificant.
- But a little bit of God’s light (not our own) does a lot for those who feel trapped in a lonely and isolated and completely dark, dank cave.
We as true Christians are not going to save the world. We can’t save ourselves with our own devices. We can’t even totally cleanse our own hearts and minds.
Only God does that.
But we can fix our eyes upon Jesus as we watch the things He told us would happen before He returns unfold. We can fix our eyes upon Him and be His vessels for truth and love in the middle of a puppet show gone mad.
We can share the good news with others!
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whomever should believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
And how do we get through these increasingly dark and wicked times while we wait for our Lord’s return?
We remember this….
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Revelation 21:3-6
Because this is what is coming.
HE IS COMING BACK FOR US!!!!!
Soon and very soon.
- Let us wait upon the Lord and be His light in a world that can sometimes be so very dark.
- Let us watch for Him and pay attention to what is happening around us, but keep our eyes fixed upon Him through it all.
- And let us make certain that we are confident that we have made the right decision – the right choice – JESUS CHRIST.
- And if we aren’t sure, let us put the time into thinking about it very seriously once again.
It’s too big of a deal to sweep to the wayside, friends.
It’s the only way we can get through it all.
It’s the one way we can cling to God rather than allowing Him to be completely removed from our society and world.
It’s the most important decision each individual can ever make.
I pray that if you haven’t made yours, that you will do so. Today.
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12
Because if you do? He will never abandon you.
God does not abandon us. Not EVER.
“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8