Have you been on a roller coaster of sorts this week? Particularly in regard to decision-making?
If so, take heart. You have company.
I have been in prayer and the scriptures this week pretty deeply about this – I want to share with you what the Lord has impressed upon my little heart.
I don’t have all the answers – just what He has led me to know – deep, deep down within.
Here it is:
- IF we are in a good place with the Lord and our relationship with Him….
- And IF we are seeking His will, actively….
- IF we are spending time with Him in the word, seeking wise counsel, praying, checking our hearts, asking ourselves if the desires on our heart are coming from HIM or from the ugly flesh……
- If we are still confused….
- We have rested and “been still”, but still feel that “nudging”….
- We don’t know what to do and we are starting to stress….
Then, for me, for my situation, it tells me to take action. Not well thought out action, but steps….investigation….openness to change.
This is not always the case. Sometimes, the Lord whispers to us to stay right where we are – mired in the indecision – and be still and wait.
Other times, He doesn’t clearly give us an answer – maybe because He wants for us to be active about seeking a little more as to what His will is.
God’s timing is not ours, but we have to either be still and wait, or take the steps to see what He wants for us.
Either way, it takes faith and continual self-contfrontation in order to know what is right and best for us.
You know….here is what I have concluded so far: Even if we make a mistake, He will bring us through, won’t He? I suppose we can boil it down pretty simply….
- If all of those things are in the right place (that I listed above) and we seek….and if our hearts are in the right place (good motivations for God, for our families and good intentions), then we can’t go wrong.
- God will do His will in us wherever we are at and whatever we do, if we submit to HIM, not what the world says or thinks we should do. Yes…even through our mistakes or failures.
I think the world tries to tell us that only one decision or choice can be the right one, so watch out! That’s a lie. And it’s garbage.
So, take heart today in your “indecision.” Be still if He asks you to and pray. Or take steps if He nudges you to, and be filled with the joy and peace of Him while you do it.
Let’s do, or not do what He leads us to do, or not do, and then be filled with the joy of Him in either state we might be in.
Blessings to you today and every day, my friends. In Jesus’ AWESOME name!
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5